A California mother is taking her daughter to the emergency room after a botched drug test revealed that her drug of choice was the same brand she bought from her drug store.
Melanie Abril, 34, told ABC7 San Diego that her daughter, who is now in a serious condition, was in the ER for two hours after she was tested positive for the deadly fentanyl.
“She had a needle in her hand.
It was just the tip of it,” Abrill said.
“She was screaming and crying.”
Abril said her daughter had taken fentanyl, but she has never been prescribed the opioid drug.
“I don`t feel good because she has been taken out on fentanyl,” A, who said she works full-time, said.ABC7 San Francisco is withholding Abrils name and age until her family can receive her treatment.
Abrils daughter has been in the intensive care unit at a local hospital.
The family said she is still in the hospital with a high fever, but is in good spirits.
“We`re just trying to get her home,” A said.
A family member told ABC San Diego the nurse had told her to go home because her daughter was in pain.
“There was nothing she could do,” A told ABC.
“The only thing that can stop it is for me to say no to her,” A added.ABC 7 San Diego reached out to ABC7 for comment.